“If we wait for the moment when everything, absolutely everything, is ready, we shall never begin.” – Ivan Turgenev
Here are some thoughts that go through head before I run. All excuses to wait for the “right” moment. All overcome with the first stride.
1. Do I want to do this?
2. Is this going to be worth the time?
3. Tomorrow might be better weather.
4. I’ll have a better attitude tomorrow.
5. Maybe I need a better playlist (or maybe I should have brought my iPod).
6. Perhaps I didn’t drink enough water today.
7. What if I get injured?
8. Will this be run be worth an injury?
9. I’d rather be running with a friend (if solo).
10. Will I ever qualify for Boston?
11. Is it worth running if I never qualify for Boston?
12. Do I really care about qualifying for Boston?
13. Do I really want to do this?
14. Are my shoes fitting right?
15. Maybe I should wait until I buy new shoes.
16. Maybe I should lose the shoes.
17. Maybe I should bring something to eat.
18. What if cars don’t see me?
19. Perhaps I should be trail running (if prepping for a street run).
20. What if a deer runs over me?
21. Perhaps I should be street running (if prepping for a trail run).
22. Do I really really want to do this?
23. If I don’t do this, I might gain weight.
24. I don’t want to run because I am afraid if getting fat.
25. I am in getting older.
26. I don’t look good with my shirt off.
27. I don’t really like my running shorts.
28. Do I really really really want to do this?